The Top 10 Activities in Maui
Joey and I quickly learned there are endless possibilities of things to do in Maui. Today, I’m narrowing it down to my top 10 activities in Maui!
- 1. Relax– Planning a trip like Hawaii can be a little overwhelming. It’s a long trip from the East Coast so lots of time and planning go into it. Everything from dinner reservations, packing, and deciding what you want to do. The key to all of this madness is to be sure you relax! Enjoy your vacation and take in all of the beauty surrounding you!
- 2. Air Maui Helicopter Tour – One of the most unique experiences we ever did was take a helicopter tour with Air Maui. It’s something that we would have never done if we weren’t in an exotic place like Maui. I always try to do things that are out of my comfort zone on vacation because you never know when you are going to get the opportunity to do it again! This was one of the best decisions we made. The views were impeccable and it was so fun to see Maui from a different perspective!
- 3. Snorkel – Maui is known for its beautiful wildlife and lush greenery. Two really unique ways to explore the wildlife is by snorkel or scuba diving. We partnered with The Ritz Carlton, Kapalua Bay, Maui and their Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment Program , which was an experience you wouldn’t want to miss. They provided us with everything we needed from towels to underwater cameras. Our guides, Catherine and Anna, were fantastic. They gave us an overview of the types of species we would see and also pointed them out when were in the water. They also answered any questions we had along the way.
- I was beyond thrilled to catch this amazing shot. I have a love for turtles so the fact that we saw at least 3 that day, I was tickled!
4. Nakalele Blow Hole – This is another thing you don’t want to miss! I actually wish we would have gone up during a sunrise, but we did make it during sunset. The sun happens to set quickly in Maui. This adventure takes a little bit of a drive ( not too bad) and a hike. I would highly recommend wearing sneakers for sure. Once you get to the top there is just an incredible view of the deep blue ocean waters and to your left, you can see a blow hole bursting up with water. We had to hike down closer to get a better view! To the right of the blow hole there is a rock that formed a natural heart in it. Although, I think the water is wearing it down from all the years, you can still see the shape.
- Photo via The Ritz Carlton
- Photo via The Ritz Carlton
- 5. Spa Day – After all of this excitement, it’s probably time to unwind again. I love to treat myself to a spa day on each vacation. There is just something so much better about spas when you are on vacation. There are many different spas in Maui, but we chose only the best at Waiua Spa at The Ritz. We opted for a couples massage. The facilities were stunning. It was so calming being surrounded by trickling water, rock lined jacuzzis, and the beauty of nature all around.
6. Mama’s Fish House – Wow. I can honestly say this was a meal I’ll never forget in my life. I heard rave reviews about Mama’s Fish House, so I knew it would be delicious, but I didn’t expect this to be one of the best meals I ever ate. I honestly think I would go back to Maui JUST to eat there again! YES, it was THAT good. The ambience was perfect with the restaurant sitting right on the beach with lit tiki torches and beautiful greenery all around. In the dining room, there was certainly a casual upscale vibe, which I really enjoyed. The food was so fresh and tasty! I opted for a Mahi Mahi dish and Joey got a three fish coconut curry that I’m still dreaming about. I knew the second we bit into our first bite of the sashimi appetizer we should have booked it twice! Keep that in mind that Mama’s is booked, so be sure to make your reservations well in advance!
Old Navy Chambray Dress // J.Crew Sweater (On sale!) // Chloe Handbag (Tory Burch Budget FriendlyVersion, Old Navy Budget Friendly Version (Under $40)) // Keds Sneakers // Jord Watch c/o // Yurman Dupe Bracelet // J.Crew Link Bracelet // Bauble Bar Monogram Necklace // Urban Outfitters Hat (Similar at Sole Society ($24!)// BP Sunnies
7. Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm – I have always dreamed of visiting a lavender farm so we ventured up in the mountains to Ali’i Kula to take a little tour. I love lavender, so it was a fun experience getting to see how it actually grew and how pretty it was! The little shop had tons of unique gifts made from their lavender so I stocked up on a few things myself. Let’s also be honest, lavender farms make for great pictures, too! That’s a blogger confession!
8. Maui Winery – By now you guys know Joey and I are big winos, so when we learned there was a winery on the island, we had to stop by! It was so interesting because they have a wine called Maui Blanc that is actually made from pineapple instead of grapes! When you smell it you get a punch of pineapple! I was a little nervous it was going to be extremely sweet, however, it was perfectly semi-dry with pineapple undertones.
9. Ululanis Shaved Ice – For the perfect sweet and refreshing treat, stop by Ululanis famous shaved ice! I highly recommend getting the homemade ice cream in the bottom. This is a place we stopped at twice, with no regrets! The shaved ice is the fluffliest ice I’ve ever had and the best flavor combinations I’ve ever heard of. I went with coconut mango with vanilla ice cream. It was dreamy.
Topshop Tank // Scalloped Shorts // BP Necklace // BP Sunnies
10. Old Lahaina Luau – When in Rome…. You have to see a luau! We chose the Old Lahaina Luau because its ranked the top luau in Maui. After all of my research we also found that it was the most true to tradition, which is important. When we travel we like to see the culture and history of places! The entire location was beautiful, sitting right on the water. Prior to the luau beginning we could walk around and participate in traditional Hawaiian activities like learning how to hula, puchase handmade crafts, or even see where the pig was roasting in the ground! I wouldn’t suggest doing the VIP seating because you have to sit on the ground with your legs crossed, which by the end, was kind of uncomfortable.
Shein Off the Shouder Blouse // Adore Me Swim Suit c/o // Urban Outfitters Hat (Similar BP version) // Braided Flip Flops
When we first booked the trip to Maui, we thought we would get bored only staying on one island, but there is just so much to do. Even though I only gave you our top 10 activities in Maui, there is still so much we didn’t even get to do like the Road to Hana, seeing the Banyan Trees, whale watching, ziplining, coffee plantations, and so much more! I guess that just means we have to go back!