Summer Beauty Must Haves for Traveling
It’s no secret that I definitely would not use the words “lite packer” to describe myself when it comes to traveling. Over the years I’ve been making a conscious effort in becoming a little bit better and only packing what I NEED with less options. One thing I won’t skimp on is my beauty products. When I’m traveling it’s especially important for me to maintain my normal skincare routine because it’s a different environment which can be a shock to your skin. If I’m flying my skin typically dries out (and I’m stressed from flying) so it’s important to just have my products with me to get my skin back to normal as quickly as I can!
I have some tried and true items that I just cannot live without that I’m going to be sharing below, necessary for travel and beach days ahead. (I even tried a few of them while we were on our most recent vacation to Turks and Caicos!) Sephora is having their Spring Beauty Insider event so if you are a ROUGE member you can get 20% off your order. If you are VIB you get 15% off! (If you are neither, now is the best time to sign up!) This is when I stock up for the next two seasons. Some of these brands NEVER go on sale, so I like to keep my favorites in stock so I can grab them when I run out. (I also don’t like paying full price, ever!)
- 1. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask– I have talked about this mask so much. It is by far my favorite mask I ever tried. I love it because it really hydrates my skin. After any type of flying, this is my go-to to getting my skin feeling like normal. I also like to leave it on over night for an extra boost of moisture. I’ll even take a little dab and put them under my eyes if they are puffy! They just came out with the travel size, which I love for trying new products or actually traveling. It saves room!
- 2. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue- I used bareMinerals for years!! I took a little break, but you always just go back to the good stuff. The Complexion Rescue is a new favorite on my list for Summer and warmer weather. I love how dewy this product makes my face look. It even has an SPF 30 in it, which is a must! I’m not even sure why I brought my foundation on vacation because I just used this day and evening! It is a light coverage, so if you need more full coverage this is a great base!
3. Coola Scalp Spray- I am notorious for getting my scalp burned when I’m on vacation! It always happens right where my part is and I end up peeling and it looks TERRIBLE. When I found out this scalp spray had an SPF in it, I had to buy it and try it out! Here we are two weeks post vacation and no scalp peeling! I loved it. It is a salt spray, so you can actually use it to style your hair as well for a gorgeous beachy look!
4. Coola Sunblock- This sunblock is a bit pricey, I will have to admit, but honestly most sunblock is pricey anyway! Even more of a reason to buy it now while you can get it for a discount! I stocked up on some for our next trip, which I’m ready to go on like yesterday. Back to the sunblock- It’s made with 70% organic ingredients and it smells amazing! We only used one bottle between Joey and I while we were on vacation so it definitely lasted while we were there. It smells amazing and also sprays on very evenly.
5. Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen– I fell in love with this sunscreen for my face. It’s kind of like a gel and it glides on super smooth and easy! I used this every day while we were in Turks and Caicos. We tried the spray sunblock and did not love it because it’s mineral based and left us white. The brand actually reached out to me and suggested the spray version of the Unseen Screen or the Mousse (I actually respect that so much and I’m definitely willing to try it out)
6. IT Cosmetics CC Cream – This CC Cream is a tried and true product in my book. I’ve never used a CC cream that has this much coverage and an SPF 50. It comes in a travel size for $15 which I also love! I use this throughout the year, but in the warmer months I definitely use this in place of my foundation!
7. Evian Facial Spray – I’ve been using these little facial sprays for years now! I love bringing them in my bag when I’m traveling because it’s nice to give my face a little spritz of hydration throughout the day. It also doubles as a nice way to cool off if you are in a super warm location! (I’m not going to lie, I packed these in my hospital bag too!)
8. Drunk Elephant: The Littles – I have quickly fallen in love with Drunk Elephant! I cannot wait to try more products from them! They are on the pricier side, but I’m at the age where I think it’s important to invest in good, quality skincare. I LOVE The Littles set so much because it’s perfect for traveling, but it also gives you a variety of everything so you can test out if you are just curious about this skincare line! I love the C-Firma, T.L.C. Framboos, and the B-Hydra so far! They are in my routine, daily! It’s an even better time to snag the littles set (or full size) because of the Sephora Insider Event!
9. Josie Maran Argan Self Tanning Oil- I’ve been going through the self tanners lately trying to find my favorite one. I keep coming back to this one because of how easy it is to put it on. It’s also instant but also gets darker the longer it’s on. This is key because you can see exactly where you are putting it, which helps me reduce missing spots or streaks! I love taking this one on vacation because after sand, water, and lots of sunblock my spray tan typically starts to wear by the end of the week so I like to put this on for a touch more color!
10. Supergoop Acai Fusion Lip Balm- I NEVER, NEVER, go anywhere without chapstick. You’ll find me with at least 3 chapsticks within reach (purse, car, wherever!) I especially like to wear a chapstick with an SPF when I’m at the beach or in the sun all day! I was using a different brand and it tasted horrible- NO I do not eat my chapstick, but you know what I mean. When it’s on your lips you are bound to taste it.