If you follow my Instagram, you may have seen that I was recently in NYC with my bff Danielle! We were in desperate need of a girls’ trip and finally made it happen. I highly recommend taking the time to travel with your girls. For this trip, we spent most of our time eating, sightseeing, and displaying our favorite street style looks out in the big apple. NYC fashion is unmatched, and we wanted to attempt to blend in with the natives! I’m sharing my NYC street style looks for anyone who needs some minimalist fashion inspo!
NYC Street Style Looks
1. New York Neutrals -Danielle and I were so excited about hitting the town in these coordinating, neutral looks. The wide leg trousers from Amazon are such a steal at only $35, and the light fabric kept us cool in the NYC heat! We decided to pair them with some basic crop tops and classic button downs.
2. A Denim Date– If you don’t coordinate your outfits, is it really a girls’ trip?? We’ve been loving these two pairs of denim lately–both are high-waisted and super flattering. Danielle is wearing a ribbed tank from H&M, and I chose this strapless leather crop top.
3. XOXO, Gossip Girl– I felt like I was channeling my inner Serena with this evening look. This ribbed bodycon dress from H&M fits in all the right places. I threw on these adorable lace-up heels by Open Edit to dress it up even more and finished the look with a faux leather moto jacket.
4. Sporty Sips– This is one of my favorite looks to throw together because it’s so effortless and cute! I layered this blue button down from H&M on top of my favorite biker short set from Amazon. To add a hint of sweetness to this sporty look, I found these adorable lace socks from Free People Movement. They actually come in a few other colors too!
5. Meet me at the Met– In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a classic white tee and straight leg denim when putting together street style looks. The raw hem on these high-waisted jeans from Old Navy makes this look feel even more laid back. I also took the opportunity of being in NYC to bring out the Yankees hat! Do I look like a real New Yorker now?
6. Military Chic– For this look, I wanted to marry the military trend with some more feminine pieces. This high-waisted floral mini skirt from Aeropostale was my going-0ff point, and I added these leather combat boots and utility jacket to pull the look together!
7. Monochromatic Midi– I got so excited when I discovered that I matched this wall! This midi bodycon skirt from Amazon is so flattering and really dresses up that white cropped tee from earlier. Plus it has a high slit to add a little sass.
8. New York, I Love You– My last street style look of our trip consisted of this casual white tee dress paired with these stunning black heeled booties to dress it up a bit. Not gonna lie, I was pretty sad to say goodbye to the city, but I’m determined to make it back soon!