July 2021 Favorites Roundup
It’s been a minute since I did my monthly roundup. Life. Can we talk about the fact that it’s actually August already? It’s kind of insane how quickly the year is flying by. I’m about to have a 4 year old. If you are wondering, no I haven’t even begun planning her little party. Last year we did a Mickey Mouse Theme (for the third year in a row) and this year I think I talked her out of it and she was wanting a Monsters University theme, which I think is hilarious. Honestly, it’s a really cute movie if you haven’t watched it.
Anyway, last months favorites consisted of and odd combination of swimsuits, beachwear and even some pre Fall items. The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is 100% to blame for that, but they are fully stocked and definitely Fall staples, in my opinion. I also ended up finding some really good buys at affordable prices while shopping for our trip to Isle of Palms/Charleston, SC.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings– 100% a top 10 item in my closet. I can’t express to you how much I actually wear these pants. I’m 5’3″ and always buy the petite size for length and they are perfect. I wear size Medium, which I would say is TTS. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is one of the few times a year I ever see these pants go on sale, so I honestly wouldn’t wait for them.
2. Chelsea Boot– Trending this fall Is the Chelsea Boot. I like these specific ones because the color Is the perfect shade of neutral. They are extra comfortable and the top Is tighter on the ankle which will make them perfect for leggings or under straight or wider leg jeans. They are on sale right now for under $80 + come in black. Shop the Look
3. The Shacket– This jacket Is a huge deal because It looks so similar to the Free People Ruby jacket that costs $128 but this one Is $49 and comes In a few colors. It’s SO NICE, I ended up buying two colors. In fact, you can get It up to 30% off right now making It only $34 which Is an absolute steal for the number of times I know I’m going to wear It.
4. The Ultra High Rise Dad Short– The most comfortable shorts I own. They are basically sweat pants for summer. I bought them In two colors and wear them non stop. They run TTS and under $25.
5. The Perfect Swimsuit- Okay could this swimsuit be any cuter? HONESTLY. It’s the perfect mix between feeling covered but still feeling sexy at the same time. I’m wearing size Medium and the best part Is that It’s only $15.
6. Blue Swimsuit + Cover Up– Okay I had to add this blue swimsuit to the list along with the cover up because you guys went nuts over BOTH of these Items. The swimsuit Is such a statement piece. The bottoms are a little cheeky but that’s why I added this cover up to them and I feel like It compliments the suit so well. Both are under $20!!! Shop the Look
7. Aerie Ribbed Midi Cover Up– If this outfit doesn’t scream summer I don’t know what does! I’m in love. It comes in a few other colors and would be perfect for a cover up, but it’s also just a perfect for a casual dress. It’s on sale right now for 50% off so RUN. I sized down to an XS (and I’m never an xs).
8. Rainbow Gingham Swimsuit– (I wasn’t joking when I said there would be lots of swim. BUT HOW CAN YOU RESIST? It was the colors for me and the belt detail. This $42 swimsuit is so comfortable and darling.
9. Raffia Heels– The only two pairs of shoes I needed for vacation were these. BOTH are under $25 and incredibly comfortable. I like the heel for a little bit of a dressier look, but I liked the espadrilles for casual days or heading to the beach. Extra bonus because I normally pack like 10 shoes on vacation. Yes, I am THAT person.
10. Barefoot Dreams Blankets– You guys KNOW how much I love my Barefoot Dreams blanket. I use them all the time and they are worth every penny. It is very rare that they go on sale, but right now Nordstrom has plenty left in stock from the Anniversary Sale here. I have also scored the throw blankets from Nordstrom Rack for under $60. They make for the best gifts.