I may be biased because it’s my favorite season, but I think that fall clothing is always the cutest and most versatile. It’s so easy to layer basic pieces to create different looks! Lately, I’ve been trying to be better about creating a capsule wardrobe for each new season by purchasing mainly items that are neutral and can be pieced together interchangeably to maximize my outfit choices. I’ve been paying close attention to the Fall 2022 trends and found some amazing pieces that I can’t wait to wear them all when the weather cools down. Here are some fall staples to add to your closet now!
Fall Staples to add to Your Closet Now
Abercrombie Cropped Tweed Blazer // H & M Turtleneck Sweater // Lack of Color Rancher Hat // Free People Mini Skort // Mango Oversized Coat // Steve Madden Leather Boots // Oversized Wool Blazer // Neutral Combat Boot // Black Flare Midi Dress
- Fall Blazers– Blazers have been a fall staple for a while, but this year I’m seeing cropped blazers and I’m here for it! The oversized/boyfriend blazer is also still going strong!
- Cozy Sweaters– Of course fall means sweaters! Specifically sweaters that are cropped and oversized are very “in” this season.
- Rancher Hat- Rancher hats have always been a timeless accessory, and we’re going to be seeing more of them very soon! A must-have for adding more dimension to your look.
- Boots- It’s so hard to not buy ALL the boots whenever I go shopping for fall! Lug soles are very in right now, so I went with a pair of white/tan and a pair of black boots to go with as many outfits as possible. I also grabbed these knee high lug soles, too!
- Faux Leather Staples– Give me all the faux leather! From skirts and pants to boots and purses, faux leather is going to be big this season. The Emmy Mini Skort from Free People is high rise and SO CUTE. You’ll definitely want to grab this one ASAP.
- Casual LBD- Little black dresses are always a must-have no matter the season! The dress pictured above is perfect to use as a transition piece between summer and fall.
This is one of my new favorite looks for a night out and is for transitioning into cooler weather. I layered this BLANKNYC faux leather moto jacket over a ribbed dress from H&M and accessorized with heels and a cute CELINE purse.
Oversized Button Down Shirt // Ripped Denim Jeans // H&M Oversized Blazer Jacket // Quilted Zip Up Jacket // Gucci Slingback Pump // Golden Goose Sneaker // Classic White Tee // Black Ripped Denim Jeans
7. White Button Down– Why are white button down shirts so difficult to find? This is an essential piece to have in your wardrobe. It’s so easy to layer and dress up or down for different occasions! I love this oversized, cotton one from The Drop on amazon! The quality is good, you cannot see through it, and the price is under $20.
8. Favorite Denim- It’s important to always have a few pairs of good-quality denim. My new favorites are these AGOLDE 90s Pinch Waist jeans from Revolve. I’ve linked a lighter wash with an open knee as well as a black distressed pair. I’ve also been loving these wide leg jeans from H&M AND under $30!
10. Classic White Sneaker– You know how much I love my white sneakers! They go with pretty much any outfit and aren’t going out of style any time soon. The star detail on these Golden Goose sneakers adds a bit of sparkle and fun to this closet staple!
This casual street style look is a perfect example of how to layer basics! These trousers from Amazon are high-quality and super flattering. I’ve incorporated our button down shirt trend and some white sneakers. Perfect for a day out or casual dinner date.