It’s time to update your makeup routine because it’s the Holiday Season! I’m sharing 5 ways to glam up your holiday makeup routine, plus showing you step by step how I apply my make up!
You can use this photo for an easy reference. Remember all of these collages are shoppable! Just hover over an item and click!
1. Hydrate Like I’ve shown above- the first step to a glam holiday makeup routine is definitely hydrating your skin. Here are some tips to do that! This step is pertinent in making your skin look lively and not dull and it also helps your make up go on smooth. I’ve been going crazy over all of the Beauty Counter Products right now! Have you tried them yet?
2. Make-up Base- I start out with my normal make-up base. You can see that full routine here.
- 3. Eyes- I use a Ulta base eye shadow primer and top that off with the color “Heaven” of the Too Faced palette over the entire eyelid.
Next I glam up this look with a loose powder called True Gold by Bare Minerals. For this powder, I cover everything from my crease down.
Then, I use the color “Nudie” of the Too Faced pallet and put along the crease of my eyelid.
Using my Sonia Kashuk brush I create a sharp V with the light grey from the Maybeline Nudes Palette. (Secret Tip: I line my eyes with a piece of tape so I can create super sharp lines with my eyeshadow.)
Now, if you are a little beauty guru, I would highly suggest lining your eyes with a beautiful winged looked. For me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t work. For this day, it didn’t so I kept my eyeliner mild, but I went with a black cream eyeliner from Elf Cosmetics for a little more dramatic look than what I normally go with.
4. Cheeks- The cheeks are key to glaming up your holiday makeup routine! I do my normal light contouring with my Nars Cheek pallet, but I like to add a tiny bit of pink blush to make my cheeks a little rosey. The next step is adding that glam and shimmer with a Becca Highlighter . If you don’t have one of these, you need one ASAP. They are by far the best highlighter’s I’ve seen and give the perfect amount of glow! I’m using pearl, but I also have Champagne Pop!
5. Be Bold With Your Lips– Take the plunge! I found the BEST Red Lipstick that will look good on ANY skin tone. I promise! It’s called Ruby Woo and I lined my lips with the same. Don’t be afraid to do a red lip this holiday season. Here are a few tips to follow.
First be sure to prime your lips. This helps your color stay on longer.
Second, you’ll want to begin lining your lips. Start by making an “X” shape on your top lip.
Starting from the top lip- bottom corner- line up toward your “X” and then do the other side.
Line the center part of your bottom lip. Then work from the outer corners in. TIP: I like to make that center liner a little thicker so it give the illusion that I may actually have lips!
Fill in your lips completely with your lipstick.
For an extra pop, use a highlighter around your lips so it really emphasizes that pop of red for the Holidays!
- Beauty Counter Favorites
- Bare Minerals Primer
- Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
- Ulta Beauty Eyelid Primer
- Too Faced Neutrals
- Maybelline The Nudes
- NARS Cheek Palette
- Becca Highlighter
- Sonia Kashuk Eyebrow Pencil
- Sephora Eye Liner ( Brown/Black)
- Mac Ruby Woo
- Sonia Kashuk Brush
- Sephora Pro Shadow Brush #14
- Sephora Pro Contour Brush #79
- Nars Kabuki Ita Brush
- Beauty Blender
- Scotch Tape
It’s Day#6 of #12daysofgiveaways! I can’t believe it’s half way over!! Not to worry- there are still 6 more days of giveaways! Today, I’m teaming up with Baxter of California to giveaway the Best of Baxter package for that special man in your life. Whether it’s a husband, brother, or dad, these are some amazing products and will pair perfectly with yesterday’s giveaway! Valued at $136!
*This giveaway is sponsored by Baxter of California.