- Let’s chat about Valentine’s Day today. Who loves it? Who hates it? This year, I wanted to come up with a list of 15 Out of the Box Valentine’s Day Gift ideas for you all because I love Valentine’s Day. I say it every single year and every year I’m always surprised at the number of people who don’t like the holiday! WHY NOT? I love a good reason to celebrate! I mean you can celebrate love in many ways- someone special in your life, the love for your pets, love for yourself, your little humans. There are a million ways to celebrate love and honestly it might look different to everyone, but I vote you should still celebrate it.
- I tried to come up with some options that are a little more out of the box, but I also just love some of the classic options too! Yummy chocolates, lingerie, and flowers- I’m happy with any of those too so I made a little collage of some of my favorite classic Valentine’s Day gifts as well. In fact, I actually have almost every item in this collage, so I personally love them all!
- Love Necklace // Barefoot Dreams Blanket (under $60) // Sugarfina Lips // Voluspa Candle // Xoxo Sweatshirt // Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Kit // Cuyana Makeup Bags // Lingerie Set // Slip Face Mask (obsessed- so comfortable!) // Chloe Perfume (my signature scent) // Heart Pajamas // Rikki Loves Rikki Mirror // Cute Coffee Mug // Barefoot Dreams Blanket
14 Out of the Box Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
- 1. A Couples Massage – So. Romantic and relaxing! Book a spa day- with your Gal pal, by yourself, or significant other! I love the Nemacolin Spa so much- it’s by far my favorite spa I’ve ever been to. (You know- where the Bachelor was filmed this current season!)
2. Venus Et Fleur Flowers – There are several brands of these everlasting flower boxes and displays now, and let me tell you they are heavenly. I had one that lasted about 3 years before I ended up tossing- definitely a great option if you feel like flowers are a waste of money. (I’m gasping at saying those words because I do love fresh blooms!)
3. A Car Detail – Okay this would just be heaven for me. My car is always a disaster and I’m forever apologizing to anyone who gets in it.
4. A Cozy Blanket – I carry my Barefoot Dreams blankets around with me like a toddler and their blankey. They ARE SO GOOD and make for the best gifts. Whenever I see them on sale I buy a few to stock up on when I need a last minute gift for someone!
5. Homemade Dinner – This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I hate going out to dinner on Valentine’s Day. The restaurants are always so crowded and impossible to get a reservation. Plus COVID. Cooking a nicer, more elevated dinner at home seems like such a good option. Splurge on some lobster and filet and make a homemade heart shaped cheesecake!
6. A Quick Getaway – Sometimes stepping out of the house is so necessary in order to relax and really enjoy the moment. Life is crazy and there is always something to do at home- so if you are one that needs a change of scenery like myself, go on a quick trip somewhere. There are quite a few places right near Pittsburgh like The Greenbrier, Nemacolin Resort, Omni Bedford Springs, The Getaway House, or just do a staycation in a cute Air BNB or hotel!
7. Take a Virtual Cooking Class- This is similar to the homemade dinner, but take it up a notch and make it fun and playful as a professional chef will do a zoom call to take you through the steps to make a fancy meal!
8. Virtual or In Person Flower Making Class– Find a local florist who is doing virtual floral arrangement classes. You can get creative with your design and support a small, local business. In Pittsburgh, The Farmers Daughter and Saphhire and Lace are both doing something special for Valentine’s Day.
9. Virtual Wine Tasting From Napa– So many vineyards and winery’s are offering virtual tastings! We have so many Napa favorites. It’s a cool concept because you sign up for a tasting and they will mail the wine to you- then hop on the virtual tasting. I’m also really missing visiting Napa so I think this is a cute and different activity. Our favorite places are Alpha Omega, Cliff Lede, Duckhorn, and Wagner Family of Wine to name a few.
11. Date Night Candle Making Kit- I thought this was another cute activity you can do with your Galentine, significant other, or even the kids! I always love a good candle vibe. Also- if you are local to Pittsburgh The Candle Lab is a great place to get creative and make your own in person!
12. A Nice Sheet Set- There is nothing I love more than a set of new sheets. Honestly, it’s one of my favorite things in the world to crawl into bed with fresh sheets. I love the Brooklinen Luxe Sateen Line and I also love these exact sheets. You can even get a little bougie with it and get this laundry detegent to go along with it- it smells SO GOOD.
13. Mediterra Cafe – Is doing the cutest Valentine’s Day treats! You guys know how much I love this cafe- local to Pittsburgh. They are doing these cute heart shaped cakes, this Valentine’s Day Cookie Kit, a Staycation Basket, Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bombs, and a Date Night Dinner Box you Can order ahead of time!
14. Enjoy A View- Think of a place you can go that has a nice view. Somewhere quiet where you can kind of just take it all in. I love going to Mt. Washington and looking over the city in Pittsburgh. It’s a little cold right now, but who cares! Make it an adventure.
I stopped at 14 because- Valentine’s Day. Really, I couldn’t think of another idea. In other news- during my brainstorming and research for popular Valentine’s Day gifts, I found out that vagina candles are a thing? Yes, you read that correct. They are. Gwyneth Paltrow came out with this one. With the ever popular WAP song, I stumbled across a few of those candles, too. Woo also came out with a massage candle (don’t be shocked by the name- that’s a forewarning) Who even knew?
Anyway, I hope these 14 out of the box ideas help make your Valentine’s Day as precious as it should be! Are you more of a traditional Valentine’s Day or do you like out of the box things? Let me know!